Our new hosted roundtable format provides an ideal platform for debate around really hot topics where everyone's ideas and opinions are important and formative to the discussion. The DCD>Enterprise discussions aim to bring together data center operators, consulting engineers, and technologists to find new ways of collaboration for a more sustainable future.
May 1st, Hall 1, 3.00-4.00pm
1. How is the data center responding to IT transformation in financial services & fintech?
Led by Daniel Gaffney, Director of Global Critical Facilities, Global Procurement and Corporate Real Estate, BNY Mellon
2. What is the secret sauce to measuring data center performance?
Led by Bill Beck, Managing Director and Global Head of Critical Engineering and Sustainability Services, Credit Suisse
3. Cloud vs. on-prem vs. colo security: How do you strike the right security balance?
Led by Jonathan Levine, Cloud CTO/CIO/CISO, Intermedia
4. How light on reliability can you be in pursuit of the lowest possible TCO?
Led by Philip Meyers, Executive Director, Morgan Stanley
5. Successful transitions from on-prem to colo; what’s best practice?
Led by Sagi Brody, CTO, Webair; Hosted by Rick Drescher, MD, Critical Facilities Group
6. How is the data center responding to IT transformation in healthcare?
Led by Rachel Weissberg, Director & General Manager, Healthcare, Sirius Computer Solutions; Hosted by Andrew Jimenez, Vice President of Technology, Anixter
7. Retrofit & upgrade: Optimizing your legacy data center capacity - what’s new? What is really feasible in operational legacy data center and what is expected/realistic projected improvement and the ROI..
Led by Christian Pastrana, VP, Data Center Planning, Citi; Hosted by Kevin Brown, CTO, Schneider Electric
8. Can a new on-prem data center now be TCO-justified?
Led by Brian Green, VP, Global Lead, Data Center Engineering and Operations, Visa Inc; Hosted by Robert Maroney, Strategic Accounts Development Management, Active Power
9. Liquid cooling? Are we still talking about it or will it be reality soon?
Led by Julius Neudorfer, CTO, North American Access Technologies; Hosted by Herb Villa, Rittal
10. Are data centers as efficient as they are going to get? Where’s the next big leap?
Led by Tom Misaki, Senior Advisor, Data Center Division, Nomura Research Institute; Hosted by Steven Shapiro, Partner, EYP
11. With so many data center cooling options what are the pros and cons of some of the more commonly applied cooling strategies?
Hosted by Keith Dunnavant, VP, Data Center Division, Munters
May 2nd, Hall 1, 3.00-4.00pm
1. How do enterprises address hybrid IT challenges and get out of data center business?
Hosted by Michael O’Connor, Director of Sales Engineering, Tuangru
2. Where’s my edge and do I need a data center there? In a container or in a colo?
Hosted by Rob Nash-Boulden, Director, Data Centers, Black + Veatch
3. Are data centers as efficient as they are going to get? Where’s the next big leap?
Led by Kevin Dalton, VP Engineering, Digital Realty; Hosted by Ryan Murphy, BDM, Mission Critical, MTU
4. How do I improve my enterprise’s capacity planning efforts?
Led by John Diamond, GM, Facilities, Netrality Properties; Hosted by Rick Drescher, MD, Critical Facilities Group, Savills Studley
5. Renewable energy for data centers – feasibility and measuring success
Led by Don Chesbrough, Director of Operations, PDC & WDC, Kaiser Permanente
6. Getting serious about embedding data center/cyber security into design - a patch and fix strategy is not a strategy!
Led by Henry M Wong, VP, Cyber Security Ecosystem, Axiado
7. The cost of cloud: An honest dialogue of the cost of cloud vs owner-operator/lease-operator TCO
Led by Charles Hoop, Senior Director, IT Category Management, Aon Global Spend Management
8. How do I lift and shift to cloud platforms securely and without losing applications?
Led by Jeremy Griffiths, Data Center Engineer, Digital Ocean