Tuesday, June 26th from 3.00pm to 4.00pm
New for 2018 in San Francisco, our hosted roundtable format provides an ideal platform for debate around really hot topics where everyone's ideas and opinions are important and formative to the discussion. The DCD>Webscale discussions aim to bring together data center operators, consulting engineers, and technologists to find new ways of collaboration for a more sustainable future.
Led by end users, 10 participants per table share insights with their senior executive peer group on the topics listed below
- Renewable energy for data centers – feasibility and measuring success
- The effect of new security technologies (blockchain) on data center efficiency
- How important are hyper-converged solutions for the inexorable move to the edge?
- It’s time to get serious about embedding data center/cyber security into design - a patch and fix strategy is not a strategy!
- The cost of cloud: An honest dialogue of the cost of cloud vs owner-operator/lease-operator TCO
- Site selection and how to take the crystal ball out of forecasting costs for new builds
- How light on reliability can you be in pursuit of the lowest possible TCO?
- Lifting and shifting to cloud platforms – how to get physical with virtual
- SDN beyond the WAN – Overcoming the complexities posed by private and public clouds
- The big five have AI for the data center performance and monitoring cracked. How do the little guys get on board?